Posted on 10/21/20
Notice to Property Owners in
Harris County Municipal Management District #1
aka Memorial Management District
The Memorial Management District is issuing a call for participation in the Holiday Decor Installation Proposals in accordance with its established terms (found below). Qualified projects could receive up to 50% reimbursement for actual installation and removal costs. Interested property owners must respond to this notice by November 21, 2020 to be eligible for consideration for the fiscal year 2021 reimbursement. Please send your request and project description to:
Memorial Management District
Attn: Pat Walters
9821 Katy Freeway, Suite 180
Houston, TX 77024
Terms for Holiday Decor Agreement
I. Call for Projects
At the end of each fiscal year, the Board will determine available funds for holiday decor reimbursement projects for the following fiscal year. Based on the availability of funds, the Board will issue a request to all District property owners for application to the District for holiday projects expected to be completed during the following fiscal year.
b. All applications must be submitted to the District within 30 days of the call for projects issued by the Board.
c. Applicants must respond to the District's notice of award within 30 days indicating owner's intent to participate in the Program for the following fiscal year.
d. The Board will enter into an annual reimbursement agreement with applicants for reimbursement the lesser of fifty percent (50%) or $10 per lineal foot of the actual costs to install and remove holiday decor in the public right of way within the District, subject to all the following criteria:
- The holiday decor installations must be located within the boundaries of the District and in the public right of way.
The electrical installation (not included) must be located underground within public street right-of-way.
- Reimbursement will be for out-of-pocket installation and removal costs only (not included for reimbursement: cost of storage, cost of repair and replacement, equipment purchase or leasing, design costs or any necessary electrical work to support lights). Applicants will be required to provide the necessary design or engineering (if any) at their sole cost and expense.
- Costs to be considered for reimbursement to occur beginning October 1 and removal before March 1.
- Only décor that utilizes clear/white holiday lights will be reimbursed.
Upon confirmation by the District’s Executive Director that a holiday lighting project has been completed (including both installation and removal), project owners must submit the following documentation for payment:
- Summary of payment of eligible costs
- Proof of contractor payments and waivers of liens.
- Any information necessary for a reimbursement report to be prepared.